This season is always a reason for good tidings, warm fires, holiday cheer, and a season that I always catch myself reflecting. The turn of another year that forces me to take a look back and make goals for the future. This year is no different. It must be the short days and long nights that put me into a "hibernation" and time for deep reflection.
I reflect this year on many things. The joy and sadness life brings most certainly are top of mind for our family.
We've lost a little one, and we are expecting a new little one - the extreme ends of the spectrum and certainly bittersweet, as the pain still lingers, though the excitement of the future is burning in our minds.
We are watching our loved ones age and with each day we pray for continued health and happiness of everyone who has been a part of our life.
We forge forward in life and spend each day making a living and making memories... though our life seems to be going by at the speed of light, and there are days I regret that I haven't made enough lasting memories.
How I wish there were more hours in a day to give all my energy to all those I love. Truly, if I could have 20 replicas of myself, then maybe, just maybe I could be in all the places I would love to be on any given day. Though I regret not being able to be in all places at once, I hope and pray that those I am not with know I think of them often.
I know I must trust that God to guide me and that he will give me only those things I can handle (even if they hurt). But I am hoping this next year of my life brings more highs than low and that I can continue to nourish all the relationships in my life.
Cheers to year 28 !
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment