The biggest (and most discouraging) news of the month, is that I've joined the ranks of the many unemployed people in our country. Yikes, what a whirlwind - If it would have happened in 2008, I could have erased the entire year without hesitation ;) I am praying hard that it's the only piece of really bad news we get all year.
Instead of commuting to work every day (which I do not miss), I have now been spending my days navigating the Unemployment, Insurance, 401K, and personal finance issues that come along with being removed from a job.
It could have been better, but it could also be much worse. All in all, it's ok, really, but I admit (and matt will attest), I've had a few breakdowns. Combine a sense of complete worthlessness that one feels after being let go from her job(that can drive a person mad) and mix it with pregnancy hormones, and it's like a drug concoction gone bad. Though, most of the time I have been relatively calm, cool and collected.
To remedy, I've been able to spend my days figuring out lots of great things for bebe: all the gadgets and gizmos, cloth diapers, child development, yoga classes, birthing classes, etc. etc; I get to go to the gym regularly; I've been able to help matt (minimally) for work; I am grandma's chauffer to therapy; Best of all, I can cook dinner and keep a clean house (ha!)! It's like I am a stay at home mom, but without the baby. though, soon enough that will change too.
Speaking of that change, Bebe has changed (and grown) quite a bit in the last month- the activity level is amazing and the twisting, turning, punching, are almost always visible on the outside. Matt's been having fun watching and talking to him. We somehow have taken to calling him (or her!) "charlie" (pronounced: "Cha-lee") - we think it's a boy and will incorporate Charles into his name if it is, so I guess that's probably how it stuck. It's cute to have a name to say, instead of "it". Charlie still makes sure his presence is known every night at 10pm when we go to bed - it's soccer game time for him! I think he might get pissed that I am laying down - he likes to be rocked and moved around all day :)
Other things that happened this past month:
We are officially in our 3rd Trimester - currently almost 30 weeks
We went to Colorado for one last trip before Charlie arrives with my mom, dad and brother - it was a great escape.
We painted the nursery - finished just today so photos to come soon!
We are slowly making headway on finishing house stuff (we hung some mirrors, sealed the 2nd bathroom so we can shower, cleaned the garage, etc)...it's such a long process
Tonight we go to the hospital tour - we are excited to see where we will be in 2.5 months!
And tonight we are also hoping for "negative" results on the Thermography scan that my cousin Tracy is having on the mass she found on her sternum - we are praying it's nothing cancerous or life-altering/threatening...
Here's to a good night (please!!)
bebe 29 weeks
1 comment:
You are just waaaay to CUTE! Your picture makes me smile.
Post a Comment