Amongst all our house building fun, I am inserting baby updates too!
We had our 16 week doctor appointment last Friday, November 14th - It's so much fun to sit in the waiting room (NOT). But it was fun to admire all the pregnant ladies walking around (usually with their doting husbands in tote)- big, small, short, tall. It was even more fun to watch the little babies being strolled in with their respective parents. I love it when the little babies peek out of their stroller trying to see what's going on and then grin ear to ear when they discover you've been looking at them - Adorable!
Strangely, at my appointment I stepped on the scale (and I've sworn off worrying about weight), but I didn't gain anything?? Of course, instant panic - my baby isn't growing, it's been developmentally challenged because of something I smelled (like paint!? or caulk, or dust) or maybe it's the too many servings of pizza, subway or chipotle, or maybe it's my job - am I too stressed (and the last month has been quite a whirl)?
Or maybe it's just simply because I actually went to the gym and I am not suffering from the insatiable hunger I did from weeks 6-12. Regardless I will continue to worry worry worry. A good motherly trait, yes?
I think the baby is growing just fine - it's heartbeat is 160 and the midwife mentioned that it was moving around alot because she kept having to chase it. Plus, my clothes are not fitting nicely at all - the baby belly is starting to grow.
The midwife also mentioned we need to keep on the feel for movement - she instructed Matt to put his hands on my belly to encourage some kicking. As you can guess we spend about 15 minutes each night trying to feel any sort of movement before Matt can't stand it anymore and drifts off into a deep slumber. I stay awake anxiously thinking I've felt something, but so far I think I can only feel my own heartbeat from my finger tips.
We've actually started investigating baby things (in our 1 oz of spare time)... bedding, names, diapers and strollers. Childbirth classes, yoga classes, etc. All in the name of a little human we are so excited to meet!
Speaking of meeting: we get to see the babe's first dance recital/soccer game next week on Wednesday the 26th at our Ultrasound appointment. The one and only appointment where we can find out if it's going to be a boy or girl. No, we are not finding out.
But we are really excited for the recital!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah for baby news! I am glad you guys aren't finding out the sex of the baby, I think it's so much more fun that way!! Have you had a chance to buy any baby stuff yet?
Post a Comment