Friday and 13th was actually a day of Luck - or a strange serendipity of event and timing. We finally got our financing approved for the house! Yippee!
We spent the afternoon at the bank and although we still technically couldn't touch the land because the papers hadn't been filed at the city, an extreme sense of accomplishment (and relief) was upon us. It still doesn't feel real, but it's getting closer!
Saturday, we spent the day taking down trees (as you can see below).
This is before we touched the lot
As limbs came down
This is the beginning of moving on. This house was on a tight timeline before when we were expecting a baby.
Immediately after the miscarriage, a strong sense of suffocation took over, and I really wanted nothing to do with a house. I hated the house because now we had lost what was going to fill one of the 2 other bedrooms.
The pain, although sudden and fierce at times, has subsided... and I now, thankfully, feel like I can enjoy this process of building a house.
A lot of work left, but seriously, we are so happy to be just moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment